Sunday, April 27, 2014

"The Railway Children" by E. Nesbitt

I haven't got a very long review for this book, but let me share my thoughts with you.

I chose this book because it is one that I read when I was younger...well, started reading.  I never finished it and I figured that now was as good a time as ever.  I was wrong, back when I started it would have been a much better time. This book is clearly written for a younger audience and so I found that rather than enjoying it - I just sort of spent a lot of time scoffing at it.

The main thing that sticks out in my head is the three children's uncanny ability for saving people. I don't think I have ever actually saved a person's life before, but in the span of a year these kids saved a baby from a fire, an entire train load of people from crashing into an avalanche, and a boy in a red jersey from dying alone in a tunnel.  It's pretty amazing...and unrealistic.

It's a cute enough story about children with good intentions and has a nice happy ending, but it was little too perfectly ironic for me.

What did you think?

1 comment:

  1. I didn't get a chance to read it but now I'm wondering if I want to. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete